CHANGES TO THE SERVICES FORMAT
Bishop Richard’s has directed us not to meet on Sundays for worship so we are providing resources so you can worship at home. Click here for the current week's resources.
There are also restrictions on small group meetings so we can keep each of us safe from infection.
THESE are the pre-covid-19 TIMES FOR Services of Worship:
Services held at St Thomas, Howrah, 3 Lorne Cres, Howrah each Sunday.
- 8.30am - a friendly traditional service including Holy Communion.
- 10am - a contemporary service for people of all ages.
- A mid-week service is held at 10am on the second (2nd) Wednesday of each month.
Services at St Barnabas, South Arm, South Arm Highway.
- Services are held on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Sunday each month at 4pm.
- Annual RSL services are held on Remembrance Day and ANZAC Day at South Arm.
Occasional services are held for marriages, baptisms, dedications, funerals, confirmation and pet thanksgiving.
Festivals and Special Occasions at St Thomas
Christmas Eve at 11pm and Christmas morning at 9am at St Thomas. This is a different time to our regular Sunday services.
A service is held at 9am on Good Friday (Reflection) and a celebration is held on Easter Sunday (Easter Day).
A Paschal Meal is held in the hall on the Thursday evening before Easter (this is the day of the Passover, the day of the Last Supper).
At Lent we celebrate with pancakes on Pancake Tuesday and with an early morning service on Ash Wednesday.
Special occasions at Barnabas
In addition to the service Christmas morning we also hold a Christmas service of Nine Readings and Carols at St Barnabas at 7pm in December on the third or fourth Sunday.
ABOVE: St Barnabas Christmas Nine Readings and Carols service
© Copyright stthomashowrah.com
Look for us on Facebook