These are the times and places for Services of Worship:
Services held at St Thomas, Howrah, 3 Lorne Cres, Howrah each Sunday.
- 8.30am - a friendly traditional service including Holy Communion.
- 10am - a contemporary service for people of all ages.
- A mid-week service is held at 10am on the second (2nd) Wednesday of each month.
Services at St Barnabas, South Arm, South Arm Highway.
- Services are held every Sunday at 10am
- Annual RSL services are held on Remembrance Day and ANZAC Day at South Arm.
ABOVE: St Barnabas Christmas Nine Readings and Carols service
Occasional services are held for marriages, baptisms, dedications, funerals, confirmation and pet thanksgiving.
Festivals and Special Occasions at St Thomas
Christmas Eve at 11pm and Christmas morning at 9am at St Thomas. This is a different time to our regular Sunday services.
A service is held at 9am on Good Friday (Reflection) and a celebration is held on Easter Sunday (Easter Day).
A Paschal Meal is held in the hall on the Thursday evening before Easter (this is the day of the Passover, the day of the Last Supper).
At Lent we celebrate with pancakes on Pancake Tuesday and with an early morning service on Ash Wednesday.
Special occasions at Barnabas
In addition to the service Christmas morning we also hold a Christmas service of Nine Readings and Carols at St Barnabas at 7pm in December on the third or fourth Sunday.
POST-COVID-19 ARRANGEMENTS FOR CHURCH BASED SERVICES:
Sunday services have recommenced at 10 am at St Barnabas, South Arm and 8.30 am and 10 am at St Thomas, Howrah.
We will be following government and diocesan regulations:
• Anyone who is unwell or vulnerable should stay home. We will continue to have weekly online services and bulletins so that everyone is still spiritually nurtured
• Use of hand sanitiser on entering the building
• Recording of all attendees
• Limit of forty people, seated 1.5 metres apart (household members can sit together). Pews have been rearranged to facilitate this
• No congregational singing
• The words of the service will be on handout sheets or PowerPoint (avoiding use of pew bibles and prayer books)
• Holy Communion according to hygiene guidelines
• Morning tea served without directcontact
• Cleaning of door handles etc between services
BELOW: St Barnabas services resumed post-COVID-19
A visit from Rev Scott Sargent brought the 10am folks up-to-date with CMS activities.
FOLLOW recent services and sermons:
WHERE TO NOW
PRAYERS OF THE BIBLE
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Sunday 30 August - Commissioning of the Parish Council
© Copyright stthomashowrah.com
Look for us on Facebook